GRL V-DPWR Dual Role Power & Data Loop Back Tester (Battery Tester) addresses the needs of test engineers with demanding test requirements for their USB Type-C®/USB Power Delivery (USB PD) hosts and devices. Fast, easy to use and cost-effective, V-DPWR is an ideal solution for testing in reliability and environmental chambers as well as for high volume production.
The test port supports loading and sourcing of a single 100W USB-C port. The GRL V-DPWR has an open API which allows test engineers to use their own software (C#, NI TestStand, Python, etc.) for customized control.
Testing takes less than a few seconds with a single setup. Front panel LEDs indicate data enumeration, making it easy to operate and understand test status with minimal user training. Detailed test results can be easily recalled for analysis.
The strong thermal airflow design of the V-DPWR allows for up to 100W power loading and sourcing, enabling tests to operate continuously for longer periods of time.
- Supports USB PD 2.0 & PD 3.1 PPS negotiation
- USB Power Delivery 2.0 & 3.0 Version 1.1 Spec including Programmable Power Supply Mode, 100W power loading and sourcing, USB 2.0 and USB 3.2 data loopback testing
- Test up to 100W power loading, sourcing, and 7.5W per port for VCONN power loading
- AC and battery power for portability
- VBUS voltage sense line available to compensate for IR drop
- Open API allows hardware control from the customer’s existing software
- C#, NI Test Stand, Python, etc.
- Supports USB Type-C and Type-A ports
- Supports screw-based connectors to mechanically latch test cables to test cards
- Ethernet control from external PC or network
- V-TE-PWR as a Cable
- Configure for 3A, 5A capability so negotiation can be done up to 100w without dependency of EMCA cable
- Cable flip test automatically
- Live data Viewer on the host PC
- View all traces, OCP events, and configurable pass/ fail criteria
- Execution, Result, & Report
- Detailed test execution steps and report
- Detailed test execution results: HTML, CSV, and PDF report formats
- All detailed test results are saved in the database to be reviewed later
- User-friendly with minimal training
- Front panel led indication
- User-friendly GUI