The GRL-C3-MP-TPR and GRL-C3-MP-TPT are the latest automated Qi2 wireless charging test solutions for OEMs and developers test wireless chargers and smartphones respectively. Both solutions are designed to help users keep up with ever-developing wireless charging standards without compromising on quality, convenience, or data security. With a comprehensive suite of features and a user-friendly interface, the GRL-C3-MP-TPR & TPT lets you go beyond mere compliance and achieve superior product design that can help capture significant portions of the global wireless charging consumer market.
- Test Qi and Qi2 wireless charging products for market launch affordably and reliably
- Easily upgrade to the latest Qi standard with its modular design
- View vital information at a glance with all-in-one protocol & trace viewer that includes:
- Test results
- Unique protocol and trace viewer: View essential test information such as protocol, voltage, current, and measurement results from a single window, generated and arranged neatly by a powerful and comprehensive protocol and trace viewer.
- Fully automated compliance testing and debugging: Automated compliance testing and rapid debugging can be conducted within the Exerciser mode that is designed with an intuitive interface and in-built algorithms.
- Modular design for quick and affordable upgrades: Between 2010 and 2023, the Wireless Power Consortium (WPC) has released a total of five wireless charging versions, with the most recent being the Qi2/Qi2.0 MPP. With the GRL-C3-MP-TPR, OEMs and developers can easily keep up with future wireless charging standards as they arise through modular upgrades instead of purchasing an entirely new solution.
- Offline JSON report analyzer + Authentication Validator for data security: Collaborate effortlessly while keeping proprietary data safe with the offline JSON viewer/editor and Authentication Validator which can be easily accessed from a computer.
- Trusted 3rd party calibration: GRL Wireless Power Test Solution is the only solution that comes with supporting 3rd party calibration service.
- Affordable and accessible test solution for wireless OEMs and developers: Both the GRL-C3-MP-TPR & TPT solution and accompanying calibration test services are designed to help OEMs and manufacturers test for wireless charging performance and compliance with minimal overhead cost.
Options & Accessories
The following optional accessories are available for manufacturers and developers who wish to test their products for compliance with preceding Qi wireless charging standards and power profiles, such as Qi 2.0 MPP, Qi 2.0 or 1.3.3 BPP, and Qi 2.0 or 1.3.3 EPP.
- GRL-C3-MPP-TXT: GRL Qi 2.0 MPP TPR Transmitter Compliance Tester
- GRL-C3-BPP-TXT: GRL Qi 2.0 / Qi 1.3.3 BPP TPR Transmitter Compliance Tester
- GRL-C3-EPP-TXT: GRL Qi 2.0 / Qi 1.3.3 EPP TPR Transmitter Compliance Tester
- GRL also provides Qi wireless charging certification services at our Authorized Test Labs (ATLs) located worldwide.
- For a dedicated solution for BPP and EPP testing, check out the GRL-WP-BST-C3.
Download & Purchase
For more technical details, download the datasheet for GRL WPC Qi Wireless Charging Base Station Tester (GRL-C3-MP-TPR) or GRL WPC Qi Wireless Charging Receiver Tester (GRL-C3-MP-TPT). Alternatively, you may request a demo to watch either solutions in action.
Global Qi2 wireless charging market projections
Between rapidly growing demand for electrical automotives and wireless charging handheld devices, the global wireless charging market size is projected to grow at a CAGR of 22.73% and reach a total value of $34.65 billion by 2030. As a global open standard created by the WPC, Qi eliminates the need for physical cables by allowing certified receiver devices to be charged on charging stations through the power of electromagnetic induction. Manufacturers worldwide are already exploring ways to take advantage of Qi wireless charging to bring greater user convenience, such as wireless charging pads that can charge multiple devices at the same time.
Test components for Qi2 compliance, consumer safety, and interoperability
Wireless charger authentication
Qi2 promises to resolve wireless charging inefficiencies by securing chargers and receiving devices within optimal positions using the Magnetic Power Profile (MPP) to ensure maximum energy transfer. On top of that, all wireless chargers that transfer chargers of more than 5W are required to have a built-in authentication process as mandated by the WPC.
Electromagnetic induction safety
Electromagnetic induction generates more heat than conventional wired charging, which can damage battery life or even result in harm to end-users. Qi-certified wireless chargers need their charging speeds to be regulated to prevent uncontrolled heat generation, as well as a safety mechanism that detects excessive heat and shuts off the induction process when necessary.
Foreign object detection
The presence of foreign objects between transmitter and receiver can impede charging speeds or even result in product damage or injury, which is why the latest Qi2 standard has incorporated more accurate foreign object detection capabilities that shut off charging when potential hazards or other incompatible objects are placed on the charger.