Comprehensive suite to validate early designs and support emerging ecosystem
Granite River Labs (GRL), a global leader in engineering services and test solutions for high speed connectivity and an Authorized Test Center for DisplayPort (DP) and USB, today announced availability of a comprehensive suite of services and test solutions for DP Alt Mode, USB Type-C, and USB Power Delivery, including DP Logo Pre-Certification for DP over Type-C products. GRL’s offering covers Hosts, Devices, Passive and Active Cables, and Adapters. Services are available from all GRL worldwide lab locations.
Developed jointly between The Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA®) and the USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF), DP Alt Mode enables DisplayPort, super-speed USB, and charging power through a single USB Type-C connector, while offering the same performance and feature capability as a standard DP connection. The USB Power Delivery Specification enables more flexible power delivery up to 100W along with data over a single cable.
In addition to DP Alt Mode pre-certification, GRL offers Type-C and USB Power Delivery pre-certification programs that closely track the developing official test standards and methodologies, providing adopters with a means to validate early designs and prepare for official certification and product launch. GRL’s offering incorporates GRL’s own test solutions, as well as the Ellisys USB 350 Explorer USB 3.1 and PD 2.0 Protocol Test Platform, and test fixtures from ICT-Luxshare and Wilder Technologies.
GRL’s Services include:
- Logo Pre-Certification Testing for DisplayPort over USB Type-C designs
- Logo Pre-Certification Testing for 10G USB 3.1, USB Type-C and USB Power Delivery designs
- Debugging support and design consultation
GRL’s Test Solutions include:
- USB Power Delivery Compliance Test Software (GRL-USB-PD)
- Compliance Automation Framework for USB Type-C (GRL-USB-TypeC-FR – coming soon)
- USB Type-C Cable and Adapter SI Validation Software (GRL-USB-TypeC-SI – coming soon)
- USB 3.0 Performance & Protocol Stress Test Suite (GRL-USB3-PROTO)
- DP/eDP Main Link Scope Protocol Compliance & Decode SW (GRL-DP-DEC)
- DP/eDP AUX Channel Scope Protocol Decode Software (GRL-DPAUX-DEC)
- DP 1.2b Sink PHY Calibration and Test Software (GRL-DP-SINK)
“DisplayPort Alt Mode enables the highest display performance available, combined with the USB Type-C connector’s high-speed data transfer and power delivery functions,” explained VESA Executive Director Bill Lempesis. “We’re always pleased to see members such as GRL contributing to the global DisplayPort ecosystem.”
“The standards are driving major innovations in product development in all computer and consumer market segments, and opening up a broad range of DisplayPort and USB applications that haven’t been possible until now,” said Mike Engbretson, GRL Chief Technology Engineer and co-Editor of the DP 1.2 PHY Compliance Test Specification. “GRL is proud to have taken a leadership role in this emerging ecosystem and to help adopters release products to the market with confidence.”
For more information on GRL’s services and solutions for DP Alt Mode, USB Type-C, and USB Power Delivery, contact Quintin Anderson, co-Founder & COO.
Please email your media inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org