Easy-to-Use Production Tester for HDMI®, USB, Lightning, DisplayPort™, and Thunderbolt Cables, Connectors, and PCBs
- Easy to use, pre-calibrated fully automated setup - just plug in and test
- Automatically test and compare all cable lanes
- Easily compare Signal Integrity performance among samples
- Quickly check conformance to key SI metrics: Insertion Loss, Return Loss, Skew and Impedance
- Identify location and severity of manufacturing defects
- Big Data analysis across large samples quickly and easily using GRL’s integrated software
- Armored chassis built to survive busy factory floor environments
GRL’s Cable Production Signal Integrity Tester (C-DI20) is easy to operate and cost effective for bench and high volume production. With the C-DI20 any user can run the same SI tests that professionals do on much more expensive, complex test equipment. Simply connect a cable to the C-DI20 and watch for GRL software’s pass or fail indicators. C-DI20 is rack-based and sturdily built to handle busy production floors.
Using natively differential TDR, C-DI20 automatically measures key SI characteristics including loss through a channel (Insertion Loss), unwanted reflected energy (Return Loss), and Differential Impedance. C-DI20 graphically presents how close cables are to meeting target specification limits defined for different interface standards like USB, HDMI, DisplayPort, Lightning, Thunderbolt, and more.
C-DI20’s flexible configurations support testing from 480 Mbps (USB 2.0) to 20 Gbps (USB4®) speeds. HDMI® 2.1 (12 Gbps), DisplayPort™, and various automotive and industrial interfaces are also supported. With a fully-integrated RF switch and standard-specific test fixtures, C-DI20 tests all cable lanes automatically at the push of a button.
Like a sonar ping, the C-DI20 sends and receives precisely controlled pulses to accurately locate manufacturing defects and their severity. Such defects can easily cause signal integrity problems such as reflections, resulting in interoperability issues. Higher speed interfaces have little margin for error, and the C-DI20 is the most efficient, cost-effective way for brands to meet demanding specification requirements.
The C-DI20 leverages the GTrusted Benchmark Scoring tool to easily conduct statistical analysis against a large dataset of multiple cable characteristics. This statistical and trend analysis tool enables cable brands and cable manufacturers to better understand true performance of cables and achieve great quality control and management.
- Includes everything needed for testing; just plug in and test
- Supports 20Gbps standards like USB4, and 8K video standards like HDMI 2.1, DP 1.4, and DP 2.1
- Supports lower speed standards like USB 2.0, Lightning, industrial, etc.
- Wide range of pre-calibrated testing models makes setup and testing a breeze
- Automated measurements and comparison to customizable test limits for Impedance, Return Loss and Insertion Loss
- Native differential-based testing reduces test time
- Test all cable lanes automatically at the push of a button
- Supports Delta-L method for PCB testing
- Auto result saving & ongoing large dataset statistical & trend analysis
- Easily create and share reports
- Create visual Big Data analysis and benchmarking comparisons