Date: November 29, 2022
Session 1: 09:00 CET | 16:00 SGT
Session 2: 17:00 CET | 08:00 PT
Rajaraman Venkatachalam - EVP of Protocol and Power Solutions, GRL
Markus Ridder - Managing Director, CETECOM
Catch our on-demand webinar on Qi® 1.3 Wireless Charging with Granite River Labs (GRL) and CETECOM!
Using wireless chargers that aren’t Qi certified can create safety and security risks for devices and their users. As far as cable-free charging is concerned, Qi is the de facto standard, set by the Wireless Power Consortium (WPC). Using a Qi charger that hasn't passed Qi certification is dangerous, as unauthorized, non-approved Qi chargers can damage the receiver device or, potentially, cause a fire or explosion.
In Qi v1.3, there are two main power profiles: the Baseline Power Profile (BPP), which delivers 5 watts of power, and the Extended Power Profile (EPP), which delivers 15 watts. Wireless chargers must authenticate that they are Qi v1.3 certified before sending any power. By doing so, smartphones and other devices can accept the charger's 15-watt output without risk.
Topics you will learn from our on-demand webinar:
- Key Qi v1.3 updates
- Safety and security updates of Qi v1.3
- Qi authentication - How the new authentication method needs changes in the manufacturing of Qi transmitters and how is it getting validated
- Beyond Qi compliance testing
- Testing requirements for Qi certification
- Regulatory requirements for a device with wireless charging technology