GRL seeks a full-time IT Technician/Engineer
Date: Jul. 20, 2023
Location options: Penang, Singapore, Taiwan, India
About Granite River Labs (GRL)
Headquartered in Silicon Valley with over 360 staff in 9 countries, GRL is the world leader in testing and related engineering services to help hardware product developers integrate the latest digital connectivity and smart charging technologies. GRL is a unique and exceptional institution. We serve customers of all sizes from a diverse range of industries including bleeding-edge cloud computing, mobile, and autonomous driving. We support product development at all stages of the value chain, from chips to end products, and help our customers validate the full system stack, from physical layer to protocol to application layer to ensure robust performance and interoperability.
We do much more than test: we guide, consult, analyze, troubleshoot, and present useful insights to help our customers improve product performance and ensure successful market adoption. We work closely with early adopters, standards committees, and leading test equipment manufacturers to develop test methodologies and early test solutions, providing “glue” that brings technology ecosystems together. We stay at the forefront of these technologies and bring insiders' know-how and hands-on expertise to our customers. Maintaining our leadership requires staying at the technical leading edge, a relentless focus on execution and quality, and, most importantly, the very best people.
We are looking for an experienced IT Admin Technician or Engineer to oversee and support global Information Technology in our organization. The IT Admin responsibilities include managing our IT services and offering internal support for IT related issues. In addition, an IT Admin should ensure smooth, secure, the IT operations within our organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordination (Planning and Execution)
- Ensuring maintenance of email, email group, licenses for different region’s headcount.
- Ensuring the maintenance of current projects and technology systems
- Identifying vulnerabilities, the need for upgrades, and opportunities for improvement
- Ensuring equipment and software operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensuring continuous delivery of technical services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of systems, programs, and equipment performance
- Support process improvements & cost reductions
- Provide training to colleagues with regards to phishing emails
- Support onboarding/ off-boarding process in cooperation with HR
- Support Finance, Marketing, HR and Operations to implement new tools
- Conducting research to remain up-to-date and knowledgeable regarding industry trends and emerging technologies in anticipation of new business processes and system alterations.
- Staying up to date on security risks and ensuring corporate security
- Communication and Reporting
- Ability to collaborate with team members and counterparts across the organization to understand business challenges, adapt implementation methodologies.
- Creating, publishing, and maintaining IT process in accordance with best practices, including security and privacy principles and regulations
- Formal Education & Certification
- Technician or University degree in the field of computer science or business administration with an emphasis on technology
- Knowledge & Experience
- 3+ years’ experience in assisting in the establishment of an enterprise IT organization.
- Solid understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities
- Knowledge of enterprise software applications, cloud applications, and outsourced systems.
- Technical experience with networking, databases, applications, and user support
- Experience in planning, organization, and development of systems and solutions
- Experience in setting up and maintaining global license pools.
- Proficiency in English required for oral and written communication; proficiency in Mandarin is a plus.
- Personal Attributes
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical recipients.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail
- Analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional service orientation
- Work Conditions
- On-call availability and periodic overtime