GRL seeks a full-timeSoftware Testing and Validation Engineer/Lead - Bangalore
Date: July 15, 2022
City: Bangalore, India
Position code: GRLIN202207012
Headquartered in Silicon Valley with over 360 staff in 9 countries, GRL is the world leader in testing and related engineering services to help hardware product developers integrate the latest digital connectivity and smart charging technologies. GRL is a unique and exceptional institution. We serve customers of all sizes from a diverse range of industries including bleeding-edge cloud computing, mobile, and autonomous driving. We support product development at all stages of the value chain, from chips to end products, and help our customers validate the full system stack, from physical layer to protocol to application layer to ensure robust performance and interoperability.
We do much more than test: we guide, consult, analyze, troubleshoot, and present useful insights to help our customers improve product performance and ensure successful market adoption. We work closely with early adopters, standards committees, and leading test equipment manufacturers to develop test methodologies and early test solutions, providing “glue” that brings technology ecosystems together. We stay at the forefront of these technologies and bring insiders' know-how and hands-on expertise to our customers. Maintaining our leadership requires staying at the technical leading edge, a relentless focus on execution and quality, and, most importantly, the very best people.
GRL offers competitive salary and benefits.
About the role
As a Software Testing and Validation Engineer/Lead you will work independently or as part of a team to develop test methodologies, scenarios, and data collection plans to ensure test adequacy.
- Lead the team with end-to-end activities from planning, executing, analysis and reporting test activities.
- Provide guidance, training, and mentoring of Test Engineers.
- Document and communicate automation framework functions, interfaces, test cases and results to diverse audiences.
- Prepare / review test plans.
- Prepare test cases, test scripts and test data.
- Execute tests (manual / automated) and has automation tool experience like Selenium, Katalon with Java/Python.
- Report defects and assist in their understanding.
- Analyze test results and track software testing metrics.
- Prepare and present test reports.
- Train, mentor and supervise junior software engineers.
- Monitor and analyze data provided by project teams to identify areas for improvement in the quality system.
- Contribute to root cause analysis for defects and provide process improvement
- Suggestions to eliminate future occurrences of similar defects.
- 4 to 10 years’ Experience
- Lab experience with test equipment is a plus
- Manual testing, Automation testing
- Knowledge on USB/HDMI/DisplayPort interfaces; Qi specifications is a plus
GRL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.