GRL seeks a full-time Lead Software Engineer - C# - Penang
Date: Nov 21, 2022
City : Penang, Malaysia
Position Code: GRLMY202211045
About the role
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be a valued member of GRL's Solution development team involved in enabling next-generation Software in Test Automation Platform, including testing various Connectivity technologies (USB, HDMI, Displayport, SD Card (UHS-II), etc.) and Charging technologies (USB-PD, Qi Wireless Charging, etc), Power (USB-PD power and safety related etc). Your responsibility includes the design and development of products in the .NET framework, leading a team, contributing to various industry-standard bodies. You will closely work with the hardware, firmware, and product management team and deliver the product which leads the semiconductor industry.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Leads the development (design, implement, test and debug) of application software solutions for Test Automation Platform, Application Specific Platform.
- Coaching and mentoring a software development team to deliver the software solutions meeting the requirements, quality standards and timelines.
- Extensive experience in design and coding with object-oriented programming language(C#)
- Hands on Database (SQL/SQLite) knowledge/programming is value-added
- Good understanding of software design patterns
- Experience with any of the Connectivity standard (USBPD), or charging is value added.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members across the geos.
- Strong analytical and logical reasoning skills with an ability to visualize the processes and outcomes
- Ability to learn new skill-sets and technologies quickly
- Education level: Bachelor in Science, Computer Science, Electrical with Programming Major or equivalent
- Experience: 4+ years
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong and effective presentation skills.
- Self-motivated with good organizational and time management skills
- Passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions
- Demonstrating exceptional teamwork to meet commitments
- Immerse in multiple new and emerging technically challenging high-speed connectivity standards.
- Develop strong project management skills.
- Long-term career potential; opportunity to make a significant impact on a growing business.
- Small company people-oriented culture with tremendous learning and growth opportunities.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley with over 360 staff in 9 countries, GRL is the world leader in testing and related engineering services to help hardware product developers integrate the latest digital connectivity and smart charging technologies. GRL is a unique and exceptional institution. We serve customers of all sizes from a diverse range of industries including bleeding-edge cloud computing, mobile, and autonomous driving. We support product development at all stages of the value chain, from chips to end products, and help our customers validate the full system stack, from physical layer to protocol to application layer to ensure robust performance and interoperability.
We do much more than test: we guide, consult, analyze, troubleshoot, and present useful insights to help our customers improve product performance and ensure successful market adoption. We work closely with early adopters, standards committees, and leading test equipment manufacturers to develop test methodologies and early test solutions, providing “glue” that brings technology ecosystems together. We stay at the forefront of these technologies and bring insiders' know-how and hands-on expertise to our customers. Maintaining our leadership requires staying at the technical leading edge, a relentless focus on execution and quality, and, most importantly, the very best people.