GRL seeks a full-time Hardware Architect - Bangalore
Date: July 18, 2022
City: Bangalore, India
Position code: GRLIN202207011
Headquartered in Silicon Valley with over 350 staff in 9 countries, GRL is the world leader in testing and related engineering services to help hardware product developers integrate the latest digital connectivity and smart charging technologies. GRL is a unique and exceptional institution. We serve customers of all sizes from a diverse range of industries including bleeding-edge cloud computing, mobile, and autonomous driving. We support product development at all stages of the value chain, from chips to end products, and help our customers validate the full system stack, from physical layer to protocol to application layer to ensure robust performance and interoperability.
We do much more than test: we guide, consult, analyze, troubleshoot, and present useful insights to help our customers improve product performance and ensure successful market adoption. We work closely with early adopters, standards committees, and leading test equipment manufacturers to develop test methodologies and early test solutions, providing “glue” that brings technology ecosystems together. We stay at the forefront of these technologies and bring insiders' know-how and hands-on expertise to our customers. Maintaining our leadership requires staying at the technical leading edge, a relentless focus on execution and quality, and, most importantly, the very best people.
GRL offers competitive salary and benefits.
About the role
A dynamic professional with 10 to 15 years of rich experience in Analog, Digital and Mixed Signal Embedded Hardware Product Development.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Own hardware Architecture for at least one test and measurement Product
- Conversant in using Schematic, Simulation and Layout review tools
- Expert in Mixed signal hardware design
- Efficient in design and provide assistance to determine test requirements for High-Speed hardware Designs using new technologies as well as to ensure optimization of those solutions for cost & quality.
- Efficient to provide support/assistance to Firmware / Software team in the product development cycle.
- Produce high-quality technical documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse of design.
- Create and maintain the information on Hardware architecture.
- Write easy-to-understand user guides, product R&D documentation and content for customers.
- BS in Electronics Engineering or other similar disciplines with at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Thorough understanding of the high-speed interfaces and peripherals by reading the datasheet and Reference Manuals.
- Schematic high-speed Schematics design of the module/ project without functional errors.
- Skill to review PCB layout, signal integrity and Power integrity in the context of electrical engineering and product design aspect with CAD Engineer and to prepare layout guidelines.
- Optimize component selection according to the project requirement.
- Technical documentation with absolute clarity of information, self-explanatory and following the template defined.
- Prefer to have working knowledge of at least one high speed interface like USB3&4, HDMI, DisplayPort, PCIe or Thunderbolt.
GRL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.