GRL seeks a full-time Engineer/Senior Firmware Engineer - Bangalore
Date: July 18, 2022
City: Bangalore, India
Position code: GRLIN202207009
Headquartered in Silicon Valley with over 350 staff in 9 countries, GRL is the world leader in testing and related engineering services to help hardware product developers integrate the latest digital connectivity and smart charging technologies. GRL is a unique and exceptional institution. We serve customers of all sizes from a diverse range of industries including bleeding-edge cloud computing, mobile, and autonomous driving. We support product development at all stages of the value chain, from chips to end products, and help our customers validate the full system stack, from physical layer to protocol to application layer to ensure robust performance and interoperability.
We do much more than test: we guide, consult, analyze, troubleshoot, and present useful insights to help our customers improve product performance and ensure successful market adoption. We work closely with early adopters, standards committees, and leading test equipment manufacturers to develop test methodologies and early test solutions, providing “glue” that brings technology ecosystems together. We stay at the forefront of these technologies and bring insiders' know-how and hands-on expertise to our customers. Maintaining our leadership requires staying at the technical leading edge, a relentless focus on execution and quality, and, most importantly, the very best people.
GRL offers competitive salary and benefits.
About the role
Experience in Firmware/Software programming in embedded Linux & RTOS based application development. Candidate must have a very good understanding of ARM processor, hardware and custom board or product development experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, code and integrate software for an embedded Linux/RTOS targeted application (applications, drivers, framework)
- Customization, deployment and maintenance of Linux distribution
- Interact with Linux kernel, integrate new device drivers Improvement and maintain existing software components
- Perform unit test, Integration test, verification and validation of the product developed.
- Assist with the hardware design surrounding the processor
- Document the projects according to standards (protocols, architecture, technical specifications, etc.)
- Bachelor degree in Electronics or computer science engineering.
- Minimum 6 - 12 years of experience in embedded Linux programming.
- Expert in C programming with RTOS.
- Hands-On experience with Protocol development.
- Nice to have Protocol development experience such as USB or DP, HDMI or equivalent.
- System level design and understanding of overall system
- Strong knowledge of Linux, ARM processor architecture with SOC, FPGA interface is a plus.
- Hand-on experience on Linux kernel and device-driver development and debugging.
- Knowledge/Experience of TCP/IP, Network programming.
- Ability to write effective and reusable code according to best practices.
- Must be a dynamic, autonomous, and team-oriented individual.
- Knowledge of hardware and low-level development is an asset.
GRL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.