See also GRL PCI Express Transmitter test solution for Keysight and Tektronix scopes (GRL-PXE-TX).
Quickly test your PCIe® design to the Base and CEM specifications
- Supports PCIe® 4.0 (16GT/s and 8GT/s)
- Perform Base and CEM Receiver Jitter Tolerance testing at the push of a button
- Perform PCIe TX and RX Link Equalization (Link EQ) tests at 8 and 16 GT/s
- Reduce technical risk using an industry-accepted calibration methodology
- Achieve consistent results with rapid test execution
GRL’s PCI Express® 4.0 Receiver Test Automation Software Suite (GRL-PXE4-RXA) provides an automated, simple and efficient way to test your 4.0 designs using the Anritsu MP1900A with any Tektronix or Keysight real-time oscilloscope. GRL-PXE4-RXA features two components that can be ordered separately or bundled together. GRL-PXE4-BASE-RXA is used for testing your PCIe® 4.0 Receiver to the Base (ASIC) Specification. GRL-PXE4-CEM-RXA is used for testing end products to the PCIe® 4.0 CEM (Card Electro-Mechanical) Specification. GRL-PXE4-RXA provides a simple user interface to automate complex PCIe testing. The software significantly reduces equipment calibration and test time, and runs on Windows 7+ oscilloscope or PC.
For Base Specification testing, GRL-PXE4-RXA uses the industry-standard Seasim statistical data eye simulator to establish the calibrated test channel DDJ. The final calibrated eye diagram uses both Seasim and SigTest software to arrive at the final stressed eye diagram. Receiver jitter tolerance and margin testing can then be performed on the device under test.
For CEM Spec testing, GRL-PXE4-RXA uses VNA method for channel measurement and SigTest for all other stressed eye impairments. Jitter Tolerance and Margin Testing are offered in both Base and CEM software versions of the software. The CEM version provides all required PCIe® 4.0 CEM CTS tests.
Transmitter testing is also available using GRL-PXE34-TXP1 Software and Controller. If ordered with GRL-PXE4-RXA Receiver test software, all PCIe® 4.0 CTS CEM tests (Transmitter and Receiver) can be performed on the MP1900 and any vendor’s Real-Time Oscilloscope using GRL’s automation framework without the need for vendor specific software tools.
- Automated calibration of signal impairments to achieve stressed Receiver Eye Height and Eye Width, in accordance with PCIe® 4.0 Base & CEM Specification
- Uses Industry Standard tools Seasim and SigTest for Stressed Signal Calibration
- Automated Receiver Compliance and Jitter Tolerance and Margin testing
- Using spec-defined or user-defined Jitter Frequency steps
- Supports PCIe TX and RX Link Equalization (Link EQ) tests at 8 and 16 GT/s
- Performs all CEM CTS Tests (Transmitter & Receiver) in single Software Framework
- Simple setup, test execution, and reporting in PDF files
- Fully configurable and customizable