GRL seeks a full-time Test Engineer Automotive Ethernet - Karlsruhe
Date: Aug. 11, 2022
City: Karlsruhe, Germany
Position Code: GRLDE202207002
About the role
As test engineer work with automotive engineering team to implement lab testing, data analysis and report etc. related jobs.
- Manage day-to-day lab testing, data analysis, and reporting/review, including customer product design recommendations.
- Assure project management and support customer products with technical troubleshooting efforts.
- Ensure accurate and consistent application of international standards-based test programs and GRL global lab quality, security, and safety standards.
- Comply with GRL's laboratory management policy, ensure accurate and consistent application of international standards-based test programs and GRL global lab quality, security, and safety standards.
- Work closely with other automotive engineering staff and technical staff to implement the test and improve test methodologies.
- Support technical sales efforts including project scoping, technical planning.
- Support technical marketing efforts including tradeshows and technical seminars.
- Support on getting laboratories in Europe accredited according to ISO/IEC 17025 or accepted for automotive compliance testing.
- At least 3+ years experience in the development and/or testing of automotive Ethernet standards/Ethernet products.
- Knowledge of HIL simulation systems.
- Experience and ability to use laboratory instrumentation including signal generator/BERT, oscilloscope, and VNA/TDR.
- Knowledge of different communication bus interfaces: Automotive Ethernet, I2C, SPI, CAN, CAND-FD, LIN, FLEXRAY etc..
- Knowledge of specific automotive test regulations (pulses and transient testing, BCI, EMC/ESD automotive regulations,…) is desirable.
- Knowledge of AUTOSAR is desirable.
- Practical knowledge of functional safety standards such as ISO26262 is desirable.
- Expertise in Ethernet protocols, especially security protocols such as ARP, TCP/IP, IPsec, TLS, MACsec, SSH.
- Experience in cyber security, e.g. VPN, firewalling, proxies.
- Model-based development with MATLAB®.
- Programming in C, C++, Python, or other comparable languages.
- Fluency in English required; fluency in German is a plus; fluency in another major European language a plus.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley with over 350 staff in 9 countries, GRL is the world leader in testing and related engineering services to help hardware product developers integrate the latest digital connectivity and smart charging technologies. GRL is a unique and exceptional institution. We serve customers of all sizes from a diverse range of industries including bleeding-edge cloud computing, mobile, and autonomous driving. We support product development at all stages of the value chain, from chips to end products, and help our customers validate the full system stack, from physical layer to protocol to application layer to ensure robust performance and interoperability.
We do much more than test: we guide, consult, analyze, troubleshoot, and present useful insights to help our customers improve product performance and ensure successful market adoption. We work closely with early adopters, standards committees, and leading test equipment manufacturers to develop test methodologies and early test solutions, providing “glue” that brings technology ecosystems together. We stay at the forefront of these technologies and bring insiders' know-how and hands-on expertise to our customers. Maintaining our leadership requires staying at the technical leading edge, a relentless focus on execution and quality, and, most importantly, the very best people.