GRL seeks a full-time Senior Test Engineer - Automotive Ethernet - Karlsruhe
Date: Aug. 11, 2022
City: Karlsruhe, Germany
Position Code: GRLDE202207026
About the role
As Senior Test Engineer contribute technically and business wise to global and regional standards alliances work. Maintain lab technical capabilities and bring up new capabilities and technologies.
- Contribute technically and business wise to global and regional standards alliances work such as CCCOpen Alliance and ASA, etc.
- Maintain all lab technical capabilities and bring up new capabilities/technologies.
- Manage day-to-day lab testing, data analysis, and reporting/review, including customer product design recommendations.
- Oversee project management and customer product technical troubleshooting efforts.
- Ensure accurate and consistent application of international standards-based test programs and GRL global lab quality, security, and safety standards.
- Plan resources and budgets (space, staff, equipment, and time) to meet near and long-term customer needs and GRL business objectives.
- Lead local automotive engineering staff career planning and development.
- Train and oversee automotive engineering staff engineers on test methodologies and GRL lab policies and practices.
- Work closely with GRL lab manager and other automotive engineering staff and technical staff to build and share technical know-how and implement and improve test methodologies and techniques for a broad range of technologies.
- Support technical sales efforts including project scoping, budgeting, and technical planning.
- Support technical marketing efforts including tradeshows and technical seminars.
- Support on getting laboratories in Europe accredited according to ISO/IEC 17025 or accepted for automotive compliance testing.
- At least 5+ years experience in the development and/or testing of automotive E/E products
- Experience with automotive Ethernet standards such as 10BASE-T1S, 100BASE-T1, 1000BASE-T1, etc., and ability to use any kind of laboratory instrumentation.
- Knowledge of different communication bus interfaces: Automotive Ethernet, I2C, SPI, CAN, CAN-FD, LIN, FLEXRAY etc, and its test systems such as HIL simulation systems, cyber security(e.g. VPN, firewalling, proxies,...)
- Technical depth in testing one or more digital connectivity and charging technologies (for example, USB, Ethernet, PCI Express, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc.)
- Practical knowledge of functional safety standards such as ISO26262 is desirable.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and management skills., flexibility and comfort working in a quickly changing environment. Meticulous organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills. Fluency in English required, fluency in German and another major European language a plus. EU work authorization required.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley with over 350 staff in 9 countries, GRL is the world leader in testing and related engineering services to help hardware product developers integrate the latest digital connectivity and smart charging technologies. GRL is a unique and exceptional institution. We serve customers of all sizes from a diverse range of industries including bleeding-edge cloud computing, mobile, and autonomous driving. We support product development at all stages of the value chain, from chips to end products, and help our customers validate the full system stack, from physical layer to protocol to application layer to ensure robust performance and interoperability.
We do much more than test: we guide, consult, analyze, troubleshoot, and present useful insights to help our customers improve product performance and ensure successful market adoption. We work closely with early adopters, standards committees, and leading test equipment manufacturers to develop test methodologies and early test solutions, providing “glue” that brings technology ecosystems together. We stay at the forefront of these technologies and bring insiders' know-how and hands-on expertise to our customers. Maintaining our leadership requires staying at the technical leading edge, a relentless focus on execution and quality, and, most importantly, the very best people.